How do I clear my cache, cookies and history?
Note: It is important to exit and close all browser windows after clearing your local cache and history before attempting to re-open the NPR media player
Internet Explorer Windows
- In your browser's menu bar go to Tools --> Internet Options --> General --> Browsing History --> Delete...
- From this window delete the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History.
- Close this window, then select OK before exiting the browser.
- In your browser's menu bar, go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy
- From the Privacy window select the Settings... tab found in the Private Data subsection
- In the Private Data subsection window choose Download History and Cache and select OK.
- To clear NPR only cookies, go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy
- Select Close and then OK again before closing the window and exiting the browser.
Firefox Mac OSX
- In the Mac OSX menu bar, go to Firefox --> Preferences --> Privacy
- From the Private Data subsection select the Settings... tab and choose Cache, Browsing History and Download History only and select OK
- Close the Preferences window and Exit the browser
Safari Mac OSX
- In the Mac OSX menu bar, go to Safari --> Empty Cache